Child Custody and Relocation Cases – What You Should Know

Child custody and relocation cases can be complex matters. Moves of more than 50 miles from a current address may involve changes to almost all aspects of the original agreement, including visitation, time-sharing, and even child support. Things become even more complicated if one parent is moving out of Florida since the case will involve the laws of more than one state.

Florida family law lawyer Heather B. Quick has the knowledge and experience necessary to help you make a smooth transition. Even if you are just considering moving, it is in your best interest to understand how this decision could impact your future child custody and visitation rights. Heather can help ensure that you follow the law and protect your rights to move and your child’s interests in order to avoid future legal problems.

If your ex-spouse has notified you of his or her intention to move your child, as a child custody and relocation lawyer Heather can help you to fight the move or work towards the best possible arrangements for you and your child. In many cases, the custodial parent is required to obtain permission from the non-custodial parent or family court. Then he or she must serve and file a Notice of Intent to Relocate, which should include the new address, phone number, reasons for the relocation, and a proposal for new arrangements for the non-custodial parents’ access, visitation, and time-sharing rights. After receiving this notice, you only have 30 days to file an objection to the move or the new custody arrangements. Heather can help you work towards an amicable agreement that works for both parents, but she is also prepared to aggressively fight for your rights in a hearing if that becomes necessary.

If your child has been relocated out of Florida without your consent, you can take actions to get your child back such as filing emergency motions and hiring a private investigator to look into the matter. Often, it can be unclear which states’ laws apply to the case, so it’s crucial to work with a Florida family law lawyer like Heather Quick, who has experience with child custody and relocation cases.

Get a Free Consultation about Your Child Custody and Relocation Case

Heather B. Quick has the experience, knowledge, and dedication necessary to protect your rights and the best interests of your children. Call 904.241.0012 to get a free consultation with a Florida family law lawyer. You can also visit Heather’s blog or read articles and listen to audio downloads on the free resources page to learn more about family law, child custody, and relocation cases.

#short_code_si_icon { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; text-align: right; width: 945px; }